All you need to know about Calibration
Now available for download, our FAQ on Calibration. A document identifying all the main questions on calibrating your micrometer scales, long scales, calibration slides and grids, including:
- Do I need to calibrate my Stage Micrometer (or Long Scale/Grid)?
- What is the difference between a S-type & PS-type Stage Micrometer?
- How often is calibration required?
- What Certificate should I have?
- What’s the difference between a UKAS and NPL Certificate?
- Can I have a certificate of calibration on an Eyepiece Reticle?
- Where can I re-calibrate my Stage Micrometer, Long Scale or Grid?
- How long does it take to calibrate my Stage Micrometer, Long Scale or Grid?
- Can I expedite my Calibration?